Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Tonight's Dinner- Egg Quesadilla

When my wife first showed me the recipe and photo I was excited to try it out.  We made it tonight for dinner. It was very delicious and I cannot wait to have it again. My 2 year old son even enjoyed this meal, saying: "Daddy, I like it!"
This meal can be enjoyed anytime of the day, breakfast, lunch, post workout (b/c of all the protein), and of course as I did, dinner!!
I hope you enjoy this nourishing meal that will fit into your healthy lifestyle. The crispy tortilla creates an exciting crunch that glides the silky egg mixture into your mouth.

This meal and photo from The Gourmet Bachelor Cookbook.

Ingredients
2 tortillas (Whole Wheat)
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 c red & green peppers, diced
1/4 c corn kernels
4 eggs (or 6 egg whites)
2 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
1 Tbsp cilantro, chopped

Directions: Saute peppers and corn for 4 minutes in olive oil. Whisk eggs in a bowl. Stir eggs into skillet with the peppers until fluffy. Add some cheese and cilantro. Remove from pan and set side. Place 1 tortilla in the pan, place some cheese on top. Place egg mixture on top of the cheese, then another layer of cheese. Place 2nd tortilla on top. Grill for 1-2 minutes on each side.

No comments:

Post a Comment